Living Alone? Keep Yourself Safe With These 6 Tips
Living alone is full of freedom, liberation, and fun, sometimes it is lonely or scary, but at the end of the day, you are living alone. Give yourself a high five if you too get scared when something goes bump in the night and it turns out to be nothing dangerous. We have got for you some tips so you feel safe while living alone at home. Read on to know more.
- Get a dog: You may have got this advice from a lot of people. And yes, it is true. A dog will serve much more than just a roommate. Having a dog decreases the likelihood of burglary, this can be even done by an alarm, but can a dog be shut off? No, not happening. A dog can also help with feelings of isolation, as it will be comforting. Make sure you have space and time to take care of it, and if you can’t commit to the responsibility, maybe this method is not for you.
- Keep your loved ones informed: It will add to your safety if your family and friends are aware of your daily schedule. Keeping people informed will let you get help easily. It is not important that you keep only those informed who is in close physical proximity. In this digital age, your security net can be situated in a different state or country.
- Don’t announce that you are living alone: By announcing we mean that don’t go on advertising that you are living alone. With this information, a criminal is more likely to target you. Telling someone at work may lead him or her to telling to someone else and hence the information will be passed on. Remove any signs that depict you are living alone. You cannot always control who knows, but you can make sure not to advertise it.
- Reliable locking system: Since you are living alone and you would be every day going out for work or running some errands, it is important to invest into a good locking system. Mid-Atlantic Locksmith is a 24/7 locksmith near me that offer reliable residential locksmith services. They offer master systems, high-security locks, home safe installation, lock repair, upgrade, installation, and a lot more.
- Close curtains/blinds at night: Criminals observe your daily activities and identify signs of any change. So, make sure you make it a habit to close your curtains and blinds after the sun goes out. Even if you are spending the night somewhere else, you will need to have the windows in a way that stays consistent with you being home. An open window would make a criminal choose your house over another, simply because it is easy to get in. Windows that are left open for ventilation should also have an alarm. Keep the windows shut to avoid any mishappenings.
- Lights: When the lights are not on, it makes difficult to see. Keep your kitchen light on or the porch light on during the night hours. Flashlights also come in handy. Place a piece of red glass or plastic on the flashlight. It will offer illumination and will not give away your position if you are attempting to hide.
It is important to invest in high-security locks and doors to keep yourself safe. Mid-Atlantic Locksmith is 24/7 locksmith services near me, who excel in providing residential, commercial, auto, and emergency locksmith services. Since you are living alone, you need to get high-security lock systems, panic bars, and master systems. Even if you lose a pair of spare keys, Mid-Atlantic technicians will be at your service. Visit the website today for more details http://www.midatlanticlocksmith.com/