In the quest to achieve optimal health with an overall wellness, the holistic medication approaches the whole person, taking his mind, body, emotions, and spirit into consideration for the healing process. The philosophy of functional holistic healing states that one can achieve overall optimal health by gaining a perfect balance in their life. The practitioners of holistic medication believe that a person is generally made up of several interdependent parts in the whole. If anyone part is not working effectively, the remaining other factors will also be affected. Therefore, if a person has specific imbalances in their life, whether in the form of physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual imbalances, then it can severally affect their overall health.
Hence, holistic health practitioners generally use all forms of health care to treat a patient, starting from alternative therapies to conventional medications.
In this article, we will briefly discuss the holistic healing approach in detail.
What is the general principle of holistic medication?
Holistic medication is typically based upon the belief that a person is generally responsible for their optimal health and overall wellness, and unconditional love and support from the right ones can be considered one of the most potent healers. Functional holistic healing is composed of several concepts, such as:
- Every person has an innate healing power within themselves.
- The patient is not a disease but a person.
- It addresses the various aspects of a person’s life by using a wide range of health practices.
- The treatment mainly focuses on fixing the given condition’s root cause and simply not alleviating its symptoms.
What are the various approaches to holistic medication in the process of healing?
Energy therapy treatment- in energy therapy, thermal energy, ultrasonic, and electromagnetic radiations are typically used to heal a patient’s body by simply energizing the cells. One of the most famous examples of energy therapy is pulsed electromagnetic field therapy, i.e., PEMF.
This therapy treatment is solely based upon the theory that the energy flows through, into, and then out of a human body. Hence, the main motive of this treatment is to create a balance within the person’s body through energy which will, in turn, reduce his pain and anxiety attacks.
- Practices involving the mind and body- in this therapy treatment, the social, spiritual, behavioural, and psychological aspects of a person are generally considered. The most famous examples of these treatments are mediation, yoga, and specific relaxation techniques.
- Use of natural products- to cure the patient having specific ailments, natural or plant-based materials are generally used in this treatment approach. The most common variations of this treatment are the herbal medication and aromatherapy. This treatment typically uses medicines derived from various biological materials in the laboratory.
- The body-based therapy treatment- the body-based therapy typically focuses on the physical touch and the movements of the patients to relieve them from pain, soreness, and sickness. To address the imbalances inside one’s body, massage therapy, chiropractic care, and manual manipulation are often employed during this treatment.
What are some of the benefits of holistic medications?
The benefits gained by the holistic healing process mainly cover the patient’s body, mind, and spirit. The available holistic healing not just complements the various conventional techniques but also helps in the following ways:
Physical health benefits-
- It helps in the relief from fatigue and pain.
- Reduces the joint stiffness and thus promotes better mobility of the body.
- Improves energy levels, digestion, and sleep.
- It strengthens the immune system and provides us with better quality skin.
Emotional health benefits-
- Balances emotions by reducing stress and anxiety.
- Increases self-confidence.
Psychological health benefits-
- It sharpens the mind and improves the concentration level.
- Reduces the mental fatigue.
The mental, physical, and emotional health of a person are always intertwined and cannot be untangled ever. Therefore, while treating a person, it is vital to consider all aspects of a person’s life.
During functional holistic healing, a person is generally treated as a whole at all the various levels starting from his mind, spirit, emotions, and the body. Hence the holistic medication will not only cure the disease but will also help the patient to approach optimal health and overall well-being in general.