Do you see more hair on your comb than on your head? While it is normal to lose 50 to 100 strands of hair a day, more than that can be an issue. Hair loss can be caused by genetics, hair styling, and various other reasons. This issue affects women as they grow older, but can be treated with some products and some changes in the hair care routine. If you have noticed your hair becoming thinner lately, try using some of the tips below to treat and prevent hair loss.
- Avoid too tight hairstyles: Tight ponytails, high buns, braids, and anything else that pulls the small hair too tightly can cause hair loss. This causes too much tension on the delicate hair and thus thinning of hair occurs. If you wish to put your hair in a ponytail, then use an elastic band that does not have a metal. It will help ensure that your hair does not get tangled in the elastic and unnecessary pulling and plucking.
- Don’t heat too much: Heat is not pleasant for the hair. It causes bonds within the hair, which results in brittle hair that breaks and falls out. If you are using a hair straightener or curling iron, make sure you don’t use it on a single area for too long and move it every 10 seconds. Let your hair dry naturally in lieu of utilizing a blow dryer. Using a heat protection spray before using heating tools will help lessen the damage.
- Say no to chemical treatments: Just like heat, the various chemical treatments offered by salons are no less harmful. It can cause damage to the hair shaft, which weakens the hair and causes hair loss. Stick to the natural style and colour if you are experiencing hair loss and hair thinning. Deep-conditioning treatment is a must if your hair gets exposed to chemical treatments and heating products.
- Hair loss medication: It can help you slow down the process of hair loss. Hair transplant is not always the ideal treatment, hair loss medication can withal treat hair loss. It is great for people whose hair loss is in the early stages. The medication will avail grow the hair and result in more gradual hair loss.Visit Revive Hair and Skin Clinic for hair treatments done by experienced transplant technicians. They design a congruous treatment according to your hair condition and requisites.
- Eat healthily: Foods that are high in iron, vitamin, and zinc can help bring back voluminous hair. Your diet should include plenty of leafy greens, nuts, beans, fish, and lean meats. You can also include dietary supplements to get enough nutrients.
- Use natural hair products: Make sure that the shampoo, conditioner, and other hair products you are using are mild and contain natural ingredients. The products should aim at restoring hair growth. The ingredients should include numerous oils and minerals that may aid in growth, destroy bacteria, and increase blood circulation to the scalp.
- Use a clean comb or hairbrush: Make sure that the comb or hairbrush you use is clean at all times. Detangle your hair using a special detangle brush or a comb with wide teeth. Don’t comb the hair while it’s still wet, instead let it air dry and then detangle it.
If an underlying health problem is the cause of your hair loss, then get it treated as quickly as possible. Visit Revive Hair and Skin Clinic for excellent hair and skin treatments. Dr. Pragyan Sahu and Dr. Shabeena Sayidmasuthu are two experienced hair transplant technicians who will work rigorously with you to combat hair loss and hair thinning. The doctors design tailor-made and personalised plans for the patients according to the condition and requirement. You can also consult them for skin treatments like chemical peels, anti-wrinkle, skin rejuvenation, and many more.